This class is for dogs 6 mo and older who have never attended a formal obedience class. In this class your dog will learn basic manners and obedience such as: Sit, Down, Come, Stay, Wait, Drop It, Leave It, Leash Walking, sit politely for greeting.
*7 week course = $180 (maximum 6 enrollees)
- Classes meet for one hour each week, for the number of weeks specified, consistent with the day and time noted on the start date.
- Online access to homework for obedience classes that contains written explanations of behaviors covered in class.
- Personal attention from trainers and assistants in the classroom to help you succeed as well as answer your questions.
- First day of Day Training will be FREE when enrolled in Puppy, Basic, or Tumultuous Teens class. (Promo code and offer restrictions will be emailed after class has begun).
- Up to ONE make-up class (1 hour) can be arranged for certain classes. RESTRICTIONS APPLY. Click HERE for more on our make-up policy.
The first class is an orientation WITHOUT your dog. We use this first hour of class to discuss how to set your dog up for success at home and address any issues that you may be experiencing. We also discuss the class structure, expectations and our training philosophy.
If your dog gets very worked up when seeing another dog while ON LEASH: barking, growling, lunging (even if they just want to play) every time they see a dog when you are out on walks, Basic class is not for you. Instead, please check out our Peace Walks class HERE. Leash reactivity is a common problem that requires it’s own special class. Dogs who react in this way would not be comfortable, or capable of learning, in our other group classes as the presence of the other dogs in class would be quite overwhelming. Peace Walks and our other Classes For Reactive Dogs are set up differently. If you have questions about whether or not your dog might be considered reactive, please don’t hesitate to call or email us.
To see start dates or sign up, click the link below: