Teen social is an INVITE ONLY play program for dogs who have been regularly attending Puppy Social but are now older and their play style is starting to look more “adult.” If your dog has “aged out” of Puppy Social, we may ask you and your dog to join us for Teen Social instead. This program is reserved for dogs who have regularly attended Puppy Socials and are now in need of play with older dogs “more their own age” or size. We will let you know if and when we would like you to graduate to Teen Social. When in doubt, please contact us.
It takes place on
Friday evenings at 7:30pm
Wednesday mornings at 11:30am – Wednesday Teen Social is REGISTRATION ONLY
- Your dog MUST HAVE ATTENDED PUPPY SOCIAL AT HEAVENLY HOUNDS between the ages of 8 weeks and 6 months of age to be eligible to come to Teen play. As such, this social is only open to clients of Heavenly Hounds.
- If you are CURRENTLY attending puppy social, continue to come to Puppy Social. We will extend an invitation for your dog to attend Teen play when they are ready.
- WEDNESDAY TEEN PLAY IS REGISTRATION BASED. Pre-registration is necessary!
- Unlike our other puppy and teen socials, it will be required that you register for Teen Social on Wednesday. We need to require this in order to know if we will have enough suitable playmates to run the session. See additional details below.
- Teen play is NOT intended to correct behavioral issues. If you have noticed issues between your dog and other dogs, please contact us to set up a private lesson. It is rare that continued socialization with other dogs is the cure for these issues and can put your dog in an uncomfortable position or put other dogs in harms way. If you are unsure, please contact us.
- Dogs must be appropriately vaccinated and show proof of vaccination on the first day if we have not seen them in a class within the last 6 months.
- Teen social is ONLY open to dogs who are between 6 months and 18 months and have met the above requirements.
WEDNESDAY TEEN SOCIAL DETAILS:
- Registration can be done online using the link below. If we do not get enough registrants 24 hours in advance of Teen Social, that session will be canceled. If you forget to register, YOU MAY STILL ATTEND AND REGISTER MINUTES PRIOR TO PLAY but be aware that not registering in advance increases the likelihood that play will be canceled that day or that you will not be notified if we need to cancel.
- Advance payment is NOT REQUIRED. Simply hit “pay later” during registration if you prefer to pay in person.
- Play passes are now attached to your online account. At the time of registration, if you have a pass available, a box will appear and ask if you would like to use your credit. Check the box YES.
WEDNESDAY MORNING CANCELLATIONS:
- If we don’t get enough dogs for a particular Wednesday morning session, or no appropriate play partners, we will cancel play. If you paid online when you registered, a credit will be restored to your account. If you used a credit from a play pass, that credit will be restored to your pass.
- If you need to cancel your registration, please just email us as soon as possible. We can cancel your registration and remove any charge, restore credits to your pass, etc. Keep in mind we are depending on your attendance to make the decision to hold play or not so giving us as must notice as possible is greatly appreciated.
- If teen social is canceled for a particular Wednesday, it will not appear on the calendar for that day. The calendar is located on our HOME PAGE.
- At this time we are unable to do evaluations on dogs we have not worked with before in a social setting (i.e. puppy social). Attempting to do evaluations on older dogs during socials takes away from the playtime of the other dogs and potentially puts dogs at risk. We understand that there is an interest in adult play (over 18 mo. of age), however, at this time we are not able to offer this service. If you have a particular situation you would like us to review, please contact us at Info@HeavenlyHoundsTraining.com.
Check the homepage to make sure that play will be held the day/evening you are attending. If play has been canceled (happens infrequently), it will say so IN RED right below the scrolling banner on the home page and will not appear on the calendar on the HOME PAGE.
Friday Teen Social does not require online registration at this time. Dogs must still meet all of the above requirements to participate in the program.